Each climate should look different and offer different conditions for resources - especially different fertility. Here we can collect ideas about what to implement for each of those climates graphically (including specific ambient sound effects). For fertility proposals a complete list of possible cultivation would be needed.
Climates might be: (looked up the terms)
|climate||vegetation||animals||ambient GFX||ambient SFX||fertility|
|pines, acacias, shrubs||giraffes, elephants|
|tropes||monkeys, snakes||ferns, orchids, butterflies|
|tundra||conifers, berrie shrubs||mooses/reindeers, caribous|
|subpolar region||small white conifers||seals 
|snowy and icy, some mountains,
shingly ground, small scrubs, no trees,
icebergs and floes in the water
(treated as unpassable for units)
|stones, marble (?)|
no wood, no crops
|rugged ground and shore, snowy mountains,
vast number of conifers,
steppe grass of poor growth
clay, coal, ores
|temperate zone, mediterranean, subtropes
Gypsies, American Indian
|done already||nearly all crops, fish|
clay, iron ore, salt (?)
lakes and hills here and there,
|Sandy soil, brownstone pillars, sand drifts,
cliffs and canyons, no hills,
water is scarce
gold ore (where?), raw diamonds (where?)
Climates listed from North to South. Bold resources are unique to this particular region. Red highlighted resources or tiles are, in contrast to other regions, not found there.
[A] Abbreviation which may be used in DD or comments/specifications (always with backlink).
- Resource deposits have to be spread over the island tiles depending on the availability within the climate
- Fertility has to be set for each climate
Basically all climates contain the same parameters, but with different values.
Depending on the way the map editor generates a game map - respectively depending on how the map editor generates the islands - there are two ways climates can be set upon a map:
- The climates are set up for islands. Means every island has its own climate.
- The climates are set up in dynamically generated tile spaces. An island could have more than one climate zones with only graphical transitions from one zone to another.
- Script places climate zones into world.
- Depending on available climates other scripts have to consider quantity and typ of other things they place into world.
Before the map is generated the gamer might get the option to decide which climates are used for map generation and which are ignored.
Image sets for each climate containing images for:
- ground tiles
- resource deposits (?) (woods are covered by vegetation)
- perhaps units (only partially)
- perhaps buildings (only partially)
As far as ambience sounds are used they might differ from climate to climate.
One climate zone has to appear in the first milestone.