|This feature is available in-game|
This page is part of the Unknown Horizons Design Document and the proposed features have been implemented.
The article reflects the design at that point. For new features or improvements, please create an own article or tickets instead of editing this page!
Note: all of this is additional to the manual load/unload tab of a ship
Its possible to define a trade route for these kind of ships. They can transport goods from one branch office to another. They are defined in the branch office.
This could be possible for:
- own branch offices
- offices of allies
- free traders offices
The defined trade route is shown, if the user clicks on the ship (while its trading) via a line of buoys (use standard buoy here):
ship BO1 . . . . . \_____/ . . . . . . . BO2 . . . . . . . . = buoy . . . . . . . . . . . . . .BO3 . . . . . . .
Additional stuff, that have to be discussed
- ship will be drive the route all the time
- it stops if there aren't the goods to trade anymore
- if the goods are available again it starts moving again
Define what have to be trade any where
Trade ships have an own tab for this kind of trading. This tab should have predefined blocks, they show a combination of the branch offices:
- You can add a new block with the combination of the towns like you want.
- If you add an own branch office as destination, its not possible to add there gold information about sell/buy.
a sell entry:
good amount sell gold$ (pick it up) from (sell it) to
# to, here you can specific a player, a special town or nearest # from, here you can specific a special town or nearest (you can only sell your own goods) # nearest = the nearest own branch office # specific bo is necessary to get goods from a specific isle
a buy entry:
good amount buy gold$ (buy it) from (bring it) to
# from, here you can specific a player, a special town or nearest # to, here you can a special town or nearest # nearest = the nearest own branch office
wood 75 sell 20$ town1 nearest (u take 75 wood of town1 and try to sell it, for a min. of 20$ per tonne) 30 sell 15$ nearest player74 (pick up wood everywhere) fish 15 buy 10$ nearest town6 (u want to buy 15 fish for a max. of 10$ per tonne and bring it to town6) iron 40 buy 60$ town12 nearest (bring it to the next BO)
- you can't buy/sell goods at your own BO's
- you can choose three options (to/next/all) all means split the bought amount to all own BO's on the route and sell with (from/all))
- if you select buy or sell from/to is set automatically
- from/to: here you can set a specific BO or set all(only for selling)/next(only for buying), ship takes the amount from all BO's depends where is it available, a bit like collecting, and if you have set buy and next, the bought stuff will be unload at the next own BO, what is reached by the ship
define the trade route
say the ship the where it has to go
via the tab
- you can set points like bus stations, one after another
- this will be done directly via the map, click on the define_trade_route button of the ship and mark one BO after another
- NOTE: a trade ship has not the same behavior like a bus, it will not drive back, it will drive in a circle.
Bus: 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 3 --> 2 ... Trade ship: 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 1 --> 2 --> 3 ...
- ship needs a three-state-button (define/start/stop) to set it into define_trade_route state
- Could also be solved by a two state button (like reloading the config of a webserver after you modified it)
- then you can set the route by clicking on BO's one after another
- click button again to start trading
- now you could click the button again to stop trading
- if you click on the ship, the route will be displayed by a line of buoys